You are formally invited...

Hello and welcome to Ex instinctu Imperator!

I'll start off by introducing myself; I'm Matt, or Sotonshades as I often go by in the darker corners of the Internet. I'm a resident of the UK, based just outside the city of Leicester. The most important thing you need to know, dear reader, is that I am a hobbyist. Well, perhaps Hobby-butterfly is a better term to describe what I do, but more on that in a bit.


 Yep, that's my ugly mug. Maybe I should go with something a little more in line with the purpose of this blog?


Aside from the Chainsword (courtesy of THQ/Games Workshop) this is one of my costumes I put together, worn here at the release of 6th Edition Warhammer 40,000. That is what I do; create, repurpose and display.

So why are you here? Emperor above only knows, but what I'll be doing is posting about my many and varied projects; work in project logs, talking about my inspirations, maybe even taking a commission or two. Why? Hopefully to inspire a few people to have a go themselves, possibly a little narcissism and... hmm, I guess to give a purpose to some of the odder things I create and to entertain.

At this early stage, I'm not sure how often I'll be posting or on what specific days. I'm hoping to have something worthwhile at least a couple of times a week. Some projects just won't wait though; others may keep me delayed. For now, all I'll say is check back often.

What's left to say? You've all been warned!

Matt

Comments