Hectic, hectic, hectic!

Ahoy folks!

A thousand apologies for not posting recently (and an extra one as this is going to be quite a short post as well!) but I recently managed to get myself not one, but TWO JOBS!!









So what have I been up to that I can share with you all? Winning things!

Not games... I almost never win games. But competitions. Shall we start with Halloween?

I am the Human Match! All the same super powers as the Human Torch of Fantastic4 fame, but only once, and only for a very short period of time!

That probably requires some explanation. One of my gaming groups, the Leicester Sabres (go check them out here), had a Silly Superheroes theme fancy dress bar crawl, with a prize of a £20 voucher to our local gaming store to the best/worst hero. I may have won because I was drinking through my Morph Suit. It may have been the flames on my cape. It categorically was not because I voted for myself...  I only did that because I closed my eyes and voted for me because I didn't think anyone else would. I felt very, very silly when I opened my eyes to see that almost everyone else had also voted for me. Simultaneously a massive ego boost and smashing it right back down again!

Newho, speaking of the Leicester Sabres, they recently held a competition to design a logo and stuff for their club hoodies. I also won that. I am thinking of starting to play the lottery...


I went with this banner for the front of the hoodies, which will be embroidered apparently, across the chest. Kind of didn't work as well as I'd hoped as it looks a little like our club name is 'Sobres' but most of the club seem to quite like it, and I'm certainly not complaining. I am far more proud of the print design for the back of the hoodies though;


Something I think every gamer can relate to? This went through a couple of iterations, with different fonts and different sayings such as "Strategy Counts for nothing when the Dice Gods hate you" and the like, but this phrase looked the most balanced over all. I'm really chuffed with how the chaotic placement of the words worked. Lets face it, its pretty close to how we feel when our dice roles come out like that!

So that is it from me for now. Hopefully I'll be back before the week is out, but with my slightly hectic schedule there is a reasonable chance I wont. Until next time,

Matt

Comments