Festivities and other celebrations

Once again, it has been THAT time of year. Presents, cake, friends and family...


Yep, my birthday was a blast! There was also something about some bloke called Jesus or Santa... Either way, I've been up to far too much to write my blog. But time are a-changing!



So what exactly is happening? Will I be continuing this worthy tome?

Does a blog class as a tome?

Ok, maybe not. I might be getting side tracked.

Changing times! Yes, I know it's a cliché but this New Year will be a new start for me. Part way through January, I'll be starting a new job (which also means that in early January I shall be moving half way down the country). Not only will it mean I won't have to work two jobs but it has regular hours, a first for me since graduating from University. With a little luck, that might just mean I have time to write my blog for regular posts!

I suppose I ought to say what I have been up to hobby-wise recently; not much to be honest. Between having most of the extended family pop in at some point over the festive season, eating way too much food and making a mess with a very excitable nephew (who can blame him, at 5 months old and having never seen so much wrapping paper in his life!) I've not so much as picked up a paintbrush. I have managed to get some work done with a hobby knife though.



Far from the greatest pictures in the world, I know. Still, scrubbed, rebuilt and repurposed; my ancient Assault squad (maybe 11 years since I first built them?) are all but ready for a new paint job. First time I built them, they were my initial foray in to dynamic posing. I did a terrible job, as you'd expect, but they opened a door. Popping the components apart to clean them better allowed me to do something a little more physiological possible. A few models didn't make it; too badly mangled with extra accessories or errant drips of polystyrene cement. Some of their components were saved though, and they shall live on, mixed with new components, including Sanguinary Guard pieces, and the odd Forge World component.

Even as I was selecting the reclaimed components, I was coming up with stories and fluff for why that marine was the way he was, why he'd have an extra short knife or would be standing just so. I may even remember a few of them! Rest assured, I'll try to commit them to paper and share them on here, maybe giving a little flavour to the close up individual shots when they finally get painted.

Until then, I hope you have a great New Year. I know I'm excited for mine!

Matt

Comments